Monday, January 11, 2010

So, This Becoming A Nurse Thing...

Here are the details:
Spring Semester starts for me tomorrow.  I am completing my prerequisites, so I can apply for the Nursing program that starts in August 2010.

I'm taking Chemistry & Lab, Anatomy & Physiology II & Lab, and Social Statistics.  Because I received a scholarship (Thank You ASU Staff Senate!!), I have to be a full-time student.  So I am also taking Pilates, a one credit hour PE course, which will give me a total of 12 hours.

I was able to arrange my schedule so that I am in class on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.  It's perfect!  Tanner and Easton are both in preschool Tuesday/Thursday 8:20 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.  Then Easton will be with Pat Pat (David's Mom) on Wednesdays, and she will pick Tanner up from school at 11:45 and have both of them at her house until I get done at 2 p.m.  Couldn't have worked out better!

The rest of the timeline:
May 2010:  Apply for the Accelerated BSN program.  Last year they took 16 students out of about 90 applicants.  Yikes!  Acceptance is based completely on GPA. 
June 2010:  Find out if I got into the program.  Also, I will be taking my final prerequisite science course online - Intro. to Organic and Biochemistry.
July 2010:  Breathe.
August 2010 - August 2011:  One-year accelerated nursing program, which results in a second bachelor's degree (BSN) and being an RN.  Three years of nursing school is squished into one year.  Also, Tanner and Easton will be full-time at Jonesboro Kindergarten Center and Pre-K Center, respectively.  What will David be doing during this time?  Hmmmmmm.  Being the great husband and dad that he already is, and holding on for dear life, just like the rest of us.  It's going to be a wild ride - and I'm completely excited about it.

Prayers are GREATLY appreciated.  God has led us to these huge changes in our lives, and He is going to keep blessing us and sustaining us through it, like He always has, always does, and always will.  Thank you, Father!

No comments: